WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,373
Posts1,033,356
Members14,590
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (1 invisible), 11,147 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Pasttraveller, LiamW1897, EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd
14,590 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by terrier - 20th Apr 2023 7:33pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by derekdwc - 6th Jan 2009 12:32am
Top Posters(30 Days)
lincle 4
granny 3
Topic Replies
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by gregory66 - 7th May 2024 10:42pm
Grange Road Co-Op
by bert1 - 6th May 2024 5:18pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by diggingdeeper - 5th May 2024 6:13pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by gregory66 - 5th May 2024 5:57am
garage wanted
by diggingdeeper - 4th May 2024 2:01pm
Looking for an old engine
by diggingdeeper - 3rd May 2024 2:36pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 3rd May 2024 12:55pm
What song are you listening to?
by GaryFromWirral - 3rd May 2024 5:36am
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Moral depravity? That is exceedingly judgemental when you haven't got the slightest clue what went on, you don't even know what sex the "victim" is

According to reports and interviews with his friends, the Victim is male. One friend even suggested it would not have gone this far if it was with a young girl, not sure what difference that would make anyway. Regardless of what he has done, everyone I have seen interviewed on this matter all agree the BBC could have warned him or at least mentioned it to him 7 weeks ago. If the BBC dealt with it sooner it may not have got to the Sun.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Google Ads
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
An employer cannot act to the detriment of an employee based on hearsay.

An employer cannot act as Police, Judge nor Jury in a criminal matter.

An employer cannot act to the detriment of an employee on morality.

They will have a Code of Conduct and will investigate under their set of rules and make a decision.

Last edited by bert1; 13th Jul 2023 8:08pm.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by bert1
Moral depravity? That is exceedingly judgemental when you haven't got the slightest clue what went on, you don't even know what sex the "victim" is

According to reports and interviews with his friends, the Victim is male. One friend even suggested it would not have gone this far if it was with a young girl, not sure what difference that would make anyway. Regardless of what he has done, everyone I have seen interviewed on this matter all agree the BBC could have warned him or at least mentioned it to him 7 weeks ago. If the BBC dealt with it sooner it may not have got to the Sun.

Warned him of what?

Do you not think that would be interfering with a Police investigation about a potentially criminal matter?

No code of conduct can override the law.

No code of conduct can protect you if you commit defamation, slander or libel when you act on hearsay.

It has now got ridiculous ..... I received a letter with a kiss on the end and it has ruined my life.

Can you not recognise when the media are having a field day against a company that can't protect itself and manipulating people into a certain mindset. This only happens against companies that can't protect themselves such as the BBC, RSPCA and various other charities. What about the thousands of genuine offenders that worked for high street chains or other large media companies, you don't see the media playing silly-beggers with them because they would end up in court.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I wouldn't have warned him of anything, but the people I seen being interviewed were making the point it may have saved him from being admitted to hospital in the apparent state he is in now.

Apparently, it has just come to light, the BBC were investigating him before this particular episode involving the parents.

7 months ago a Police Force said at that point there was no criminality and again recently but there are Moral standards even though the BBC are slow to act on them.

Would you have if back on the telly?

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I wouldn't have warned him of anything, but the people I seen being interviewed were making the point it may have saved him from being admitted to hospital in the apparent state he is in now.

Apparently, it has just come to light, the BBC were investigating him before this particular episode involving the parents.

7 months ago a Police Force said at that point there was no criminality and again recently but there are Moral standards even though the BBC are slow to act on them.

Would you have if back on the telly?

2 months not 7

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Yes, I've just seen the full timeline.

It was a private matter between two individuals, if there is nothing illegal and both parties agree how can there be any moral issues and how dare the media plaster it everywhere?

Why are the BBC under fire? It is absolutely nothing to do with the BBC other than if they suspect there may have been leaks from the BBC about this confidential matter then they need to report it to the Police and the the Information Commissioners Office (data protect act).

People have different likes, fetishes and kinks, they are private matters, their privacy should be respected.

The media have acted appallingly in this case, it is a complete breach of privacy and nothing at all to do with public interest. We need the Levenson 2 enquiry to go ahead.

The "moral" case that the money paid was used to fund the other party's drug problem doesn't hold any weight. Every drug user has sources of income, the sources cannot be held responsible as we the public fund much of them.

The "victim" might be in breach of tax legislation as they were clearly receiving money for services. If they were not paying tax, revealing that may be in the public interest however the sources of that income (Huw in this case) is not in the public interest.

And to answer your question, I have seen nothing that indicates he is unsuitable to do his job.

Last edited by diggingdeeper; 14th Jul 2023 9:51am.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
The media have acted appallingly in this case, it is a complete breach of privacy and nothing at all to do with public interest. We need the Levenson 2 enquiry to go ahead.
And to answer your question, I have seen nothing that indicates he is unsuitable to do his job.

I don't see him coming back from this and it has nothing to do with legalities, when was it the media had any scruples and they are unlikely to have any in the future. The BBC have been no different, Cliff Richard springs to mind and no doubt a few others who had no case to answer.
The latest allegation is being inappropriate with young BBC staff members, so we will see where that goes.

You say it has nothing to do with the public interest, the public will make their own mind up on that one.

Last edited by bert1; 14th Jul 2023 12:14pm.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

I don't see him coming back from this and it has nothing to do with legalities, when was it the media had any scruples and they are unlikely to have any in the future. The BBC have been no different, Cliff Richard springs to mind and no doubt a few others who had no case to answer.
The latest allegation is being inappropriate with young BBC staff members, so we will see where that goes.

You say it has nothing to do with the public interest, the public will make their own mind up on that one.

I meant Public Interest in the legal term where it specifically overrides the expectation of privacy, yes the public are fascinated in anything with an X in it, we never leave the sniggering playground stage.

He's been wanting to retire for the last few years but the BBC just kept throwing more money at him. Its a difficult decision to walk away from a half million salary.

I hope he recovers his health and enjoys life, i wouldn't be surprised to see him back on some outdoor ramble type more relaxed program at some point, he is a natural presenter and obviously took pride in his abilities.

I also hope he also sues the media or brings about some change, he was known to be a very vulnerable person and the media were relentless, although they didn't name him, there have been successful cases where pointed comments were made about a person without actually naming them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
garage wanted
by robin47 - 3rd May 2024 5:53pm
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
News : New Topics
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm