Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Traffic Wardens - 11th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Does the Wirral council bother employing traffic wardens any more? I haven't spotted one for years.

Evidence of their absence can be seen in large numbers in the form of idiots parking on them often causing significant traffic congestion.

These IOBAMs (I'll Only Be A Minute) are a right pain in the arse, although they will probably explain its only because the disabled car parks that they normally illegally used are so few in number!
Posted By: casper Re: Traffic Wardens - 12th Apr 2024 8:57am
I am sure some of them would drive into the shop if they could, poor driving and bone idleness, supermarkets are getting the same New brighton in particular, Huge car park at Morrisons yet some stop right outside Home Bargains and Iceland across the dropped kerb actually witnessed a taxi let someone out and waited whilst they did their shopping. mad
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Traffic Wardens - 14th Apr 2024 8:25am
I'm sure you are right, but my question still stands.

Does the council employ traffic wardens any more?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Traffic Wardens - 14th Apr 2024 1:42pm
We spotted a traffic warden of some sort the other day, I was with an ex-traffic warden and made a comment. iirc it was not far from Woodside.

The parking control contract is handled by NSL Services and their operatives may be known as Civil Enforcement Officers.

The Council has backed down from pressure that accused them of profiteering from parking hence contracted out so they don't get the blame - it is a ludicrous claim, you only get a PCN when you are probably parked incorrectly. There is a ten minute grace period on all marked parking areas.

In 2023 there were 16785 PCNs issued, 2457 outstanding, 1337 (8%) successfully appealed and £506,347 received.

In 2024 there were 2957 PCNs issued up to the middle of March.

If you know of regular incorrect parking, inform the Council and they tell NSL who will try and include random checks there. If you know of regular obstruction, inform the Police.

In the future, Wirral "should" be posting annual reports here https://www.patrol-uk.info/annual-report/?au=Metropolitan%20Borough%20of%20Wirral assuming it is not replaced by some other scheme.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral